This weekend has been wonderful. There are so many things I miss about New Jersey and Philadelphia, that LA cannot equate to. I've been spending time with my family, seeing my friends, I got my Wawa hoagie, a Boost slushy, time down the shore, saw my sister graduate, and I didn't pump my own gas. Tonight is the graduation party, as well as father's day and I am so happy I could be here for both. Back to LA tomorrow though, it was a quick visit, but I am glad I got my fix.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Flying Home
I meet the most interesting people when I travel. I came home this weekend for my little sister's high school graduation. I left Thursday afternoon, flew to Phoenix, AZ and then to Newark, NJ. On my flight to EWR I sat next to a family, however this wasn't your ordinary father, mother, children family. It was a group of men and women, all siblings or cousins, flying to New York for their cousin's wedding. I try and pick my seat when I get on the plane next to someone who looks like they have the following characteristics: 1) they don't smell bad, 2) they're not too big, and 3) they look like they may have something interesting to say at some point in the next five hours. Flying Southwest you can pick your seat. I sat next to one man in particular who did not disappoint in any of those fields. He was a little older, I'd estimate from our conversation that he was in his late 20's early 30's. He's going to school for his doctorate of physical therapy and already runs his own physical therapy clinic. He's also invested in some start up that apparently is going to change the way the world looks at social networking. I gave him my email address to let me know when his company is up and running. I forget his name already, this could cause problems. Overall, aside from the minor turbulence, the flight out was good. I started reading a new book, I read a paper for work, and I watched The Beach on my computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment