Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

This has been a wonderfully fabulous weekend in Los Angeles. Lisa Hummel came to visit, and she got in Saturday afternoon. After lunch, we made our way out to get ourselves some Skinny Girl Margarita mix (two bottles) and frozen strawberries. We made the best jar-garitas. Yes you heard me right... jar-garitas. We blended our margaritas and drank them from mason jars. It was the perfect start to a birthday festival. All that was missing was a festival blanket.

We made our way out with some friends to The Association in Downtown LA. My first attempt to get into this bar, I've been made aware, was unsuccessful. Scott reminded me that this is the place I was denied entrance after an interesting Bar107 night. I've been here once in-between this weekend and that time, and I really enjoyed the place, so I picked it for my birthday weekend place. Overall the night was successful. I am pretty sure everyone had fun... I had fun. There were definitely more people dancing this weekend then I've seen before. Benny's going to let me go shopping for him, since he hates shopping, but wouldn't be opposed to new clothes. I love shopping!

Sunday had a late start, then IHOP, then more sleep. That is essentially all we did. After our nap, it was time to get ready for dinner. Lisa and I got ready and made our way to the Boarder Grill in Santa Monica. The food was amazing, as seen on Top Chef, but the service was below par. I think it was just our server in particular, because other tables seemed to have a better time, but we still enjoyed ourselves.

Today was spent by the pool, catching some rays, and relaxing in the sun. A perfect Day of Independence... celebrating my independence. (:

Santa Monica is a really fun town at night. I need to frequent it more often. Another great weekend in LA, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment