Sunday, July 10, 2011

Santa Monica Beach Day!

Yesterday was a great day for a beach trip. Carson and I met up at USC and headed out to Santa Monica. The traffic wasn't terrible, and the beach wasn't too crowded. Carson ran down to Venice, and apparently there were much less people there, but we were both satisfied with the crowd where we were.

We got there around noon, and stayed out until around 5... a solid 5 hours in the sunny sun! I took a stab at getting in the waves... but I am by no means a proficient swimmer, and the waves were stronger than me, so I didn't go far. Carson on the other hand, is a fish, and had a lot more fun in the saltwater than I did. It wasn't too cold, though, which was the plus side. I was expecting the regular frigid waters of the Pacific Ocean, but I guess it was comparable to the Atlantic Ocean I visited when I was home.

Overall it was a fabulous day in the sun with a good friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment