Yesterday I met up with my friend, Xiaohui, from lab in the Little Tokyo neighborhood of Los Angeles. It's essentially downtown, I road my bike, at least, to 1st and Central, down to the Museum of Contemporary Art. We went in to visit the Art in the Streets exhibit. It really was a great exhibit. There were photos, replicas, and donations from notable street artists of graffiti found around the country. Most locations are from NYC, that being where graffiti originated I figure. There were only a few Philadelphia models, and the second most came straight out of Los Angeles. It was really awesome, and fun to see. We walked around for a few hours checking out all of the art. I posted an album of the pictures I took on Facebook and Google+. To the left is a sample of from NYC Metro graffiti.
Afterwards, Xiaohui and I got lunch in Little Tokyo. I guess that's another check on my LA bucket list... How did I live so close to J-town and never eat there? Regardless, we ate at this nice little sushi bar. I had shrimp tempura and Xiaohui had some sort of eel dish... so I tasted some. Not the biggest fan, it was kind of gushy, but it wasn't terrible. I also learned that the most nutritious part of the shrimp is the tail... even though I grew up assuming you weren't supposed to eat the tail. Well since it was all fried anyway, I ate it. Yup, shrimp tail. We also split some sashimi (not Sahimi). THAT was absolutely delicious. We ate white meat fish, tuna, and yellow fin.
I think I will always recommend moving to LA to anyone who inquires, and just because I am leaving, it does not mean there are any hard feelings with the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment