Quarter life crisis commence. After endless deliberation I have decided that I am not the kind of girl that can live her life stuck in a lab every day. This is not the kind of work I see myself doing for the rest of my life, and if I get a Ph.D. then this is the kind of work I will be doing for the rest of my life. I am 4 credits away from obtaining a M.S. degree in chemical engineering, so after the fall semester I will be a graduate of USC with my master's. Now what?
Join me as I search for a job to pay the bills while taking my last 4 credits. I've applied to numerous restaurants, and will continue applying until I get something of worth. I was riding my back home the other day and I stopped at the new Hooters opening up on Figueroa across from the Staple Center. I filled out an application. Then I stopped at the Yardhouse for an interview. The Yardhouse is a fun place, but they're serious about their employment options, and I am still waiting on a second round interview from them. It is a very busy place and I think I could make a lot of money there. I'd like to work there. I filled out some applications at a few other places on craigslist as well. Cross your fingers for me world. If I can't get a job I'm going to be a Philly girl in a..... Philly world, moving back home until I can figure my life out (both mine and my dad's least favorite option).
Los Angeles is a fun place to live, and restaurants always seem to be hiring, and it's a good temp job until I can find a career path.
No comments:
Post a Comment