Me: It was that left turn back there wasn't it? (I hand him my license and registration)Cop: Yes it was, that was a really dangerous move.Me: I know, but I am supposed to be taking my friend to the airport, and he just moved, and I am going to his new house and I'm just trying to follow these directions... (pulling out my looseleaf with directions to Carson's new apt)Cop: Where are you going? (looks at directions) You are no where near this. Do you still live at this address? What were you doing down here?Me: Well I go to school at USC and I don't normally drive to work (small lie) so I am a little lost trying to find my friend's new place to take him to the airport.Cop: So do you work at USC or go to school there?Me: Well both sort of, it's a Ph.D. program in chemical engineering, so I get paid to go to school.Cop: Smart girl like you should know better than to make that dangerous turn (hands me all my paper work). Drive safely.Me: Thank you! (: (My shirt also happened to be slightly lower cut than normal)
I'd consider that a win to start the weekend. Carson and I got some In-n-Out (awesome life choice) and I dropped him off. Getting home I knew I wanted to take it easy because I had to get up early Saturday, so I went over my friend Rob's house and we watched Kung Fu Panda. This Panda reminds me of 3 different friends of mine: Benny, Kev, and Stroobie. It was hilarious.
Saturday morning I arose quite early to drive out to West Covina to help a DZ friend with a yard sale before she moves out of her house. My day started with my emergency Redbull in my car and 4.5 glorious hours in the sun. Then I headed out to the Dodgers game with some friends and friends of friends for another 4 hours in the sun. The game was fun, had a few beers and a pretzel, it was overall a good time, and we went out in Silverlake later that night. I can never remember that day-drinking always leads to early sleeps. I slept on Andrew's couch with no intentions of getting into my motor-vehicle that night.
Sunday Funday was spent sitting by the pool with some beers and pizza with a pal, when something awesome happened. We met an NFL Referee just by spotting and asking about his Superbowl ring on his finger. He ref'ed the 2002 Superbowl, watched Andy Reid grow up, had AA battery thrown at the back of his head for a legit call that Eagles fans at The Vet didn't like, and ref'ed the January 2011 Eagles/Cowboys game, and after talking with us, he brought us out a couple of rally towels given out at that game. Aaaamazing.
All in all, what an epic weekend. Something I really needed to get my mind away. Got back on track today, applied to 5 career-like jobs, set up a summer time/part time interview to make some money, and I am feeling a lot happier. Things are good.
Loves the shoutout.
ReplyDeletelove this!
ReplyDeleteWhen is your frvorite NJ/Phila friend going to get a shoutout.
ReplyDeleteWomen complain about being treated differently by men all f the time, but when the difference benefits them, they completely change their stories. Boo Ashley, boo.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I complain about when it comes to men and women is the fact that we will never make as much money as men whether or not we do a better job! Otherwise, I didn't burn my bra, so I will proudly let men treat me like a lady, i.e. differently than they treat their bros.
ReplyDeleteWho is this mr. mysterious guy. if you type in that tone again, I'm going to track your IP and pay you a visit.
ReplyDelete