Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another Week of Change

This week was an interesting one. After working in sales for a solid week, and realizing I absolutely hated it, I decided that if I removed myself from something so much bigger because I was unhappy, I should not continue to do this being as unhappy with it as I was. I am no longer a sales representative for spa and salon promotion packages. I did get to meet some interesting people... like the psychic counselor I sold a package to this week.

I got a bit of good news this week. I received an email from HR at Hovensa informing me that they will be flying me down to St. Croix next week for an on-site visit/interview.
Day 1: Fly down
Day 2: Interview
Day 3: Free day (aka beach)
Day 4: Fly back
I am so excited for my visit! Not only will I get to see and spend some time with Suzzy, this "second round interview" puts me so much closer to this actually becoming a real thing.

I've gone through a huge mental debate about the situation, but talking with my roommate, Jesse, has really helped me think about this as something I need to do. What would my 80-year-old self tell me to do? She would tell me I'm a crazy fool if I don't do this! I don't want to live my life with regrets, and I definitely think if I don't put my all into this interview to get this job and move to this island, I would regret it. So I am waiting to hear back from HR about when exactly I am going. I can't wait!

Jesse graduated his MBA program yesterday. It was the USC Marshall International Business Education and Research MBA accelerated 1-year program graduation, which is why it was 2 months later than the rest of USC's graduation. The ceremony was about an hour followed by an open cocktail hour with a dinner. I sat with his buddy Felix at one table, and his parents sat at another table, because we couldn't find one with 4 open seats. Jesse sat at a table with the Dean (fancy pants). We all went out with his classmates to celebrate later last night.

We went to a lounge in Beverly Hills. I've never been out in Beverly Hills, so it was a fun experience for me. We were drinking martinis and cosmos... I felt like I was in Sex and the City: LA Edition. It was a lot of fun.

This weekend is consisting of not driving anywhere. Carmageddon is upon us. They shut down the 405 between the 10 and the 101... which is a major chunk of highway in LA. Anyone driving has to find major alternate routes. HUGE DELAYS were expected. I'm happy staying in. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment